Saturday 4 August 2012

Alice In Zombieland ARC

Alice In ZombieLand ARC


So I got my first official ARC today. I was a very happy birdy! x') I can't wait to start this book, it sounds so promising! If you're about to read this book or have read it then let me know via a comment or email and let me know what you thought! :)

Excerpt

"Had anyone told me that my entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, I would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. 
     But that's all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second and everything I knew and loved was gone. 
   My name is Alice Bell, and on the night of my sixteenth birthday I lost the mother I loved, the sister I adored and the father I never understood until it was too late. Until that heartbeat when my entire world collapsed and a new one took shape around me.
    My father was right. Monsters walk among us.

***

 So. Yeah. I should have listened to my father. He warned me over and over again never to go out at night, never to venture into the cemetery and never, under any circumstances, to trust someone who wants you to do, either. He should have taken his own advice, because he trusted me - and I convinced him to do both. I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently. I'd tell my sister no. I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad. I'd stop my tears from falling. I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words. Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mum and my dad one last time. I'd tell them I love them."

That is a broken up excerpt from the "Note from Alice" before chapter one. :)

2 comments:

  1. woah! Thanks for the link! :D Congrats on your first ARC! YAY *pops open a bottle of OJ* <-- lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! :) I took two lil bits from the beginning as teasers :) And aha, cheers! *clinks glass*

    ReplyDelete